New Patient Guide
We are a mixed NHS and Private dental practice. We offer private services on a pay-as-you-go basis and a range of dental plans which cover various treatment options.
Please use the link below to find out more on NHS waiting times for new NHS dental patients in your area.
Please contact the practice to begin registration and discuss the best options for you and your family.
All new dental plan members are offered an initial 16 point dental health review.
The 16-Point Dental Health Review
- How healthy do you feel your mouth is right now?
- Any problems or concerns?
- Anything changed in your medical details?
- Review of progress since last visit.
- Are you happy with the appearance of your teeth and gums?
- Health of your teeth will be checked.
- Existing restorations will be checked to ensure they are still healthy and stable.
- Your gums will be checked to see how healthy they are.
- The presence of any plaque on your teeth is looked for and checked, as it compromises the health of both your teeth and mouth.
- The TLCS – tongue, lips, cheeks and skin are checked to see how healthy they are. This also includes an oral cancer screen.
- The jaw joints are checked to ensure they are healthy.
- The neck is checked to ensure the glands are healthy.
- Your bite is checked to see that it remains comfortable and healthy.
- X-rays are taken to ensure that under, inside and between the teeth are healthy.
- X-rays are further studied to check that bone levels around your teeth remain healthy.
- A lifestyle review i.e. whether you smoke and if so how many
Whether you drink and if so how much (No. of units)
What your diet is like to ensure it is a healthy one.
At this appointment you will be asked to fill out a brief medical history form. If you are taking any regular medication we need to know the name, dosage and how often you need to take them. If possible please print out and complete the Medical History form and bring this along to your first appointment.
- Medical History Form (PDF Document - opens in a new window)