B.C.h.D. Stell,1999, ADC Certified, Pg.Dip.Implant Dentistry(Merit), Pg.Dip.Orthodontics (Distinction) (NHS/Private)
Principal Dental Surgeon with enhanced skill in implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and comprehensive orthodontics.
COMPASSIONATE ABOUT PEOPLE AND DEDICATED TO THE PROFESSION OF DENTISTRY
I have been qualified as a dental surgeon and have been working out in general dental clinical practice since 1999. I have been fortunate to gain vast experience and clinical expertise in most aspects of general dentistry from emergency care to advanced rehabilitative restorative procedures, but I specifically enjoy oral surgery and dealing with the "emergency pain patient". I believe I am very able at this aspect of dentistry, probably because I have been working at emergency clinics for most of my working career, and so I have become accustomed to coping with a demanding, busy NHS list. I also enjoy general family dentistry, such as seeing families for check-ups, fillings, OHI and having a conversation to see how the patient is doing.
Outside of a professional environment, I have a keen interest in rugby, fishing, walking and trekking the outdoors specifically in Snowdonia, cycling and barbecuing.
GDC Number: 76205
- HEIW PG Educator for training dental nursing staff in OHE
- Approved as an Educational Supervisor for Dental Foundation Training of dentists by Wales Deanery under the auspices of University of Cardiff, Wales 2020
- Post Graduate Diploma In Orthodontics (Distinction) Academy of Clinical Excellence
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Approved as a trainer for dental therapists by Wales Deanery for the introduction to Dental practice Scheme University of Cardiff, Wales 2011
- Certification - Surgical Curriculum in advanced bone grafting California Implant Institute, USA 2007
- Post Graduate Diploma in Implant Dentistry with Merit UCLan Dental School 2005 - 2008
- Equivalence - Welsh Vocational Training Certificate W/06/05/163 University of Cardiff, Wales 2006
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of dental surgeons primaries
- Australian Dental Council Certified- ADC Preliminary Examinations - Passed 1st attempt, ADC Final Examinations - Passed 1st attempt (I was invited to make recommendations on possible improvements to the ADC examination process upon completion) University of Melbourne, Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne, Australia.2000 - 2001
- B.Ch.D (Bachelor in Dental Surgery) University of Stellenbosch, Republic of South Africa 1993-1999
- A Levels Linden High School 1987-1992
Membership and Registrations of Professional Bodies
- Dental Board of New South Wales and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Australia
(DE DEN0001246367) Registration history 2001 to date
- General Dental Council (GDC 76205)
Registration History 1999-current
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales registered (12042010011)
- British Dental Association (76205)
- Member of Dental Protection 355404
Continuing Professional Development
I attend regular/yearly in house training in core GDC topics, Maturity Matrix Scheme, Pilot Appraisal Scheme via our PDP Tutor under the auspices of Cardiff University. As part of the practice quality assurance and clinical governance management system of the National Health Service(UK) and the Health Inspectorate Wales(Wales) a record of all my verifiable courses attended is kept on the University of Cardiff Database.
I keep up to date with the latest advances and technologies in dentistry (cosmetic, implant, cosmetic tooth alignment etc.) and attend overseas training in both America and Australia.